How To Prevent Fleas Around Your Lewisville Home This Spring
February 28, 2019
How to Prevent Fleas Around Your Lewisville Home This Spring
How Fleas Get Inside
- With excellent jumping abilities, fleas will leap onto a host and travel wherever they go. This doesn’t just mean your pets, it is common for fleas to piggyback a ride on rodents and other wildlife around your property.
- Wild animals may bring fleas into your yard as they travel through. They will then find your pets and travel inside with them.
- If rodents have invaded your home over the winter months, they will be likely to bring fleas and ticks in on their backs as they come and go. The fleas, after feeding on the rodents, will leap off and find themselves indoors to search for their next meal.
How to Keep Pests Out of Your Home
- Try placing bird feeders further away from your home or getting rid of them altogether if you notice squirrels and other wildlife eating from them. If they attract rodents, then they’re likely attracting fleas to your property as well.
- Debris in your yard can give wildlife hiding places and allow them to remain on your property. Try cleaning debris and eliminating these places.
- Vacuum often.
- Wash bedding, including pet’s bedding, often.
- Inspect yourself and your pets.
- Contact your vet to find out the best flea prevention for your pets.
- Contact professional pest control.