Frisco is the fastest growing city in Texas—and for good reason. We do things right; We go the extra mile to work together to create a safe place for ourselves, our families, and our neighbors.
Frisco has the unique ability to be a thriving and growing community while maintaining a small-town charm. Though we now live in a city that has surpassed 175,000 residents, we still have a hometown feel and a dedication to protecting our town and way of life.
At Adams Exterminating Company, we share this dedication. That is why we emphasize eco-friendly solutions to common pest problems whether they be fire ants, carpenter ants, mosquitoes, rodents, termites, bed bugs, or ticks.
With our reasonably priced plans, we provide home and business owners comprehensive residential and commercial pest control that maintains a high quality of life and protection from pest threats, without compromising the natural environment we all enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many years have you been in business?
We are a family owned, locally operated pest control company that has been in business since 1947. During the past seventy years, our company has expanded its service area while continuing to provide exceptional customer service.
What are your hours?
Our offices in both Lewisville, TX and Denton, TX are open Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm.
Where do you service?
We have offices in Denton and Lewisville and provide pest control services to the entire North Texas area. Please don’t hesitate to contact us, and we will do our best to help you.
How do I get started?
Contact us today for a free estimate with no obligation. Regardless of your pest issue, contact us today to speak with one of our technicians. To make a plan, one of our licensed service technicians will come to your home or business and perform a thorough inspection of your property. Then, we will work with you to come up with a solution that meets your needs.
Do you offer plans or bundles?
Yes, we offer three different plans designed to meet your needs and your budget. Our perimeter, Home Guardian, and Home Guardian Plus are all designed to bundle your pest control treatment into a package that fits your needs. If there isn’t a plan that works for you, don’t worry, we will customize one that fits your unique needs
Are your services guaranteed?
We pride ourselves in offering services that solve your pest control problems. Many of our treatments are backed with a service guarantee, so if the problem persists, we will be back to treat again at no extra charge. We plan to continue our trend the impeccable service which resulted in an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Do you offer termite control?
Yes, both our home guardian and home guardian plus plans offer termite control using the proven Sentricon® System with Always Active™ along with a termite service warranty.
Do you offer pest control to businesses?
Yes, we offer both residential and commercial pest control. We will work with the needs of your business to ensure that pests are not a problem. Furthermore, we understand the State of Texas’s Health and Safety Codes when it comes to pesticide use and pest control.
Residential Pest Control In Frisco, TX
Adams Exterminating Company is a family-owned business, and it is our goal to treat each of our customers as if they are part of our family. We listen closely to your needs.
We work hard to develop solutions to protect our community members from the many threats pests present to your health and property. Whether it be mosquito control, fire ant control, rodent control, or tick control, we will work with customers to come up with the best solution to any pest control problem.
We also conduct termite inspections to find existing problems or to determine potential problem areas. In essence, we give customers the best service for their hard-earned money.
This has led us to develop three year-round home pest control solutions:
- Perimeter Pest Control provides uncompromising pest control for the many common household pests we deal with in North Texas, as well as management of key exterior pests such as wasps, spiders, scorpions, and fire ants.
- Home Guardian provides all of the protection of our Perimeter Pest Control service, with specific coverage for subterranean termites.
- Home Guardian + adds seasonal mosquito treatments between March and October to reduce the risk of mosquito-borne diseases as it works to protect homes from common household pests and the threat of subterranean termite damage.
Frequently Asked Questions About Home Pest Control in Northern TX
Do you offer home pest control plans?
Yes, we offer three home pest control plans starting at $30 per month. Each plan is designed with Texas pests and the needs of Texas residents in mind.
Do you offer mosquito control?
Yes, we offer backpack misting as well as the In2Care system. We can treat your property as part of one of our monthly service plans, or if you’re planning an outdoor event, we also offer one-time treatments.
What kind of pests do you service?
With over seventy years of experience, we have seen it all. We offer solutions for ants, cockroaches, fleas, mosquitoes, ticks, rodents, scorpions, spiders, wasps, termites, and much more. If you have any questions about a pest that is plaguing your property, contact us today, and we will discuss your control options during our free home estimate.
What is included in the free home estimate?
One of our friendly licensed service technicians will come to you to survey your property for pests. We will look for potential problem areas and current signs of infestation. After surveying the exterior and interior of your home, we will discuss our recommendations with you so that you can come up with a plan that best fits your needs and your budget. This inspection is obligation free. Our aim is to help you find the resources you need for pest control.
Home Pest Control Reviews
"After we moved recently, we opted for the quarterly treatment plan. Our technician is thorough, professional, personable, and does an excellent job. We are long-time Adams customers and have been impressed with every Adams employee we’ve ever dealt with - from regular treatments to termite control to office personnel. We definitely feel like we’re in good hands. Thank you, Adams!" -Charise Christian, review from Google
"Our home is located in a wooded area and grasshoppers and scorpions were in abundance. Grasshoppers were making a mess on the outside of our home and numerous scorpions would find their way into our home. We started using Adams Exterminating several years ago, and since doing so, these two issues have virtually been solved. Our service person is thoughtful, considerate, knowledgeable, and a professional in every sense of the word." - Steven Hays Review from Google
"I highly recommend Adams Exterminating Company for your exterminating needs. They are Efficient, friendly, and always work with your schedule." -Mary Birg, review from Google.
"I have been using Adams Exterminating for the better part of a year now and I cannot say enough good things about this company and the staff. My technician is very attentive and available if I have any questions or concerns regarding the control of pests. Their treatments are very effective and I'm very happy with the overall service. The quality and character of the staff is top-notch!" -Diana Julien Sims, review from Google
"I highly recommend Adams for all of your pest control needs. Adams has been my pest control company since I moved to Denton in 1997. Their service and professionalism is second to none. Over the years, I have had everything from general quarterly pest control, to a family of opossums in my attic, to a nest of endangered birds in my chimney. Every interaction made me feel as though I was their most important customer. Adams never disappoints!" - Becky Wade Hughes, review from Facebook
"The team at Adam's Pest are amazing! From their leadership, down to managers and their field team, everyone is top notch. We worked with several pest control companies before using Adams and would not go anywhere else. They rock!" - Reese Ormand, review from Google
Commercial Pest Control Services In Frisco, TX
No matter what industry you're in or what type of business you run, the service professionals at Adams Exterminating Company can give your Frisco business the support it needs. Our highly-trained professionals use modern, integrated pest management solutions to make sure your company is up to code and ready to pass all inspections. We target indoor and outdoor pests and specialize in fire ant control, mosquito control, rodent control, tick control, and termite inspection.
What can you expect from Adams?
- We come to your facility and perform a thorough inspection of your exterior and interior spaces to catalog your pest pressures and identify areas that are conducive for pest habitation and entry.
- We develop a customized treatment plan that meets your specific needs and requirements.
- We schedule service visits to treat the exterior of your facility and ensure that you have a pest control barrier that actively works to keep pests out.
- We set up PestPac mobile service, which allows you to see when your technician has serviced your property, where treatments were applied, what products or materials were used, and other valuable information.
To schedule commercial pest control services or to learn more about how we can work together to keep pests from ruining your reputation and harming your bottom line, contact us or give us a call.
Frequently Asked Questions about Commercial Pest Control in Northern TX
What kinds of businesses do you service?
We service all kinds of businesses including, but not limited to, churches, schools, apartment buildings, healthcare offices, hospitals, strip malls, retail shops, government offices, warehouses, and industrial facilities. We understand that the details of your business may present some unique needs, and we are more than willing to work with you and your schedule to ensure that these needs are met.
How do you come up with a treatment plan?
Depending on the size and needs of your facility, we will either send out an individual licensed technician or a group of technicians to conduct an inspection. Then, we will devise a treatment solution that is unique to your company. We believe in frequent communication and exceptional service. Throughout treatment, we will keep you informed of the process so that you know when, where, and how your property is being serviced.
When do you treat our property?
We understand that some businesses have unique needs regarding scheduling treatments and we will work with the needs of your business when we conduct treatments to remain discreet and thorough.
Do you understand federal and local health codes?
Absolutely. We’ve worked in the pest control industry for over seventy years and we will work with you to keep your business clean and running!
What kind of pests do you treat?
We treat any pest found in Northern Texas from rodents to termites to scorpions - if you have a pest control issue, contact us today to devise a solution that fits your unique needs.
Types of Rodents Commonly Found in Frisco, TX
In our service area, rodents can present many problems, and we have all of your solutions to rodent control.
Three species of rodents that are common to Frisco:
- The house mouse: Dusty gray mouse ranging from 2 ½ to 3 ¾ inches long.
- The roof rat: Brown or black rat that reaches about 16 inches in length, including the tail.
- The Norway rat: Brown rat with scattered black hairs and reaches about 18 inches in length, including the tail.
When they explore our yards, they leave ticks, fleas, and other harmful parasites as they go from one hiding place to the next. When they get into our Frisco homes and businesses, they can spread these parasites around on every floor.
They're also destructive pests. They are prone to damaging insulation, wallpaper, drywall, and other building materials. When they get into storage areas, they can gnaw their way into boxes and damage the items inside.
They make nests in stored furniture, they leave feces and urine everywhere they go, and they often chew their way into food packages in pantries, kitchen, and food-storage rooms.
All of that chewing and gnawing will damage your home while the waste will continuously contaminate counters, furniture, and storage spaces.
At Adams Exterminating Company, we understand the significant threat rodents can present to homes and businesses, and we will work with you to develop the best solutions to rodent control for your home.
In the process, this will help with tick control and flea control, as rodents often carry these pests into homes and businesses.
As a leading Exterminator in Northeast Texas, we include rodent monitoring and control in our residential and commercial pest control service plans. We also offer stand-alone rodent control for customers who are concerned only about mouse and rat infestations. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule service.
Termite Prevention in Frisco, TX
The most destructive termites in the United States are subterranean termites. They cost U.S. property owners billions of dollars in damage repairs every year.
Guess what type of termite we deal with most in Frisco?
That's right. Subterranean termites. These termites exist in a sophisticated caste system of workers, soldiers, and reproductives.
- Workers make up most of the colony. They are blind, wingless, and off-white. If you have a termite infestation, you’re unlikely to see workers.
- Soldiers look similar to workers but are slightly larger.
- Reproductives are the largest in size with a dark brown body and wings. Once a colony is established, winged reproductives will swarm, find a mate, and start a new colony nearby.
Termites eat cellulose which is found in wood. A colony can go undetected for long periods of time while termites slowly and steadily damage the structural integrity of a building. Once reproductives begin to swarm, chances are the colony is already well-established and has thus caused quite a bit of damage.
Although termites are known as the billion-dollar pest because of their extensive wood-eating habits, they are not a health threat to people or pets.
That is why it is important to know all you can about these destructive insects. Here are a few tips to help you protect your property from termites:
- Reduce moisture around your home by making sure that gutters are working to direct water away from the outside of your home.
- Reduce humidity levels inside of your home by installing a dehumidifier in the basement and by making sure that crawl spaces are properly ventilated.
- Remove piles of leaves, grass clippings, sticks, and fallen trees from your property.
- Leave a barrier of rocks or stones between mulch or grass and your home’s foundation.
- Keep an eye out for shelter tubes or the appearance of termite swarmers.
Sentricon® provides "always active" protection, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. When subterranean termites come to silently feed on your home, you'll know it, and the Sentricon® System will immediately begin to eliminate the attacking colony and guard your home against termite damage.
Every Frisco home would benefit from this essential protection. Get your protection in place today.
Controlling Mosquitoes In Your Frisco, TX Yard
The pesky buzz of mosquitoes can all but ruin the most enjoyable afternoons outdoors. There is little you can do to prevent the itchy bite of a mosquito, but here in Frisco, we are the exterminating company that takes measures to control the mosquito population in your yard.
These winged insects are familiar to us all. They are about ¼ inch long with long legs, a slender body, and clear wings. For the most part, females feed on blood so that they can provide the sustenance needed to lay their eggs.
Emerging diseases such as West Nile Virus, the Zika virus, and others are continuing to spread as a result of mosquito bites. These pests are more than just annoying, their bites pose risks to public health. As a result, mosquito control is more important than ever.
Mosquitoes are everywhere; they breed in still water and will travel in search of a blood meal. To help curb your mosquito problem, eliminate potential breeding areas such as kids pools, puddles, or birdbaths. Beyond that, contact a professional to help reduce the population.
Our Home Guardian Plus plan will help rid your yard of all stinging, biting, and gnawing pests - including the mosquito, so that you can spend more time barbequing without having to constantly apply mosquito repellant.
As a leading company for mosquito control, our trained exterminators use a backpack misting machine filled with our Adams Exterminating mosquito solution to treat mosquito breeding areas and eliminate adult mosquitoes.
After treatment, our professionals will inspect your property and help you develop strategies to reduce your mosquito population in years to come by identifying possible breeding locations such as low lying areas, containers that collect water, clogged gutters, and other areas of standing water.
Also, if you’re planning an event, we are the mosquito control company to help ensure that your party is mosquito-free. Contact us today to discuss options for mosquito control!
Fire Ant Control in Frisco, TX
If stinging fire ants prevent you from enjoying a picnic in your backyard, all three of our Home Pest Solution Plans will help rid your yard of these extreme nuisances.
Generally, these small reddish ants build their homes along the edges of driveways and walkways. The mounds where they live can reach up to 18 inches in size, but are often much smaller and thus difficult to detect.
In favorable conditions, fire ants will continue to make your home throughout your yard making it impossible to walk through your grass without risking bites. Though they prefer warm, dry outdoor temperatures, fire ants will find their way into your home through small gaps from electrical wiring, air conditioning units, or gaps around windows.
Our Home Pest Solution Plans will evaluate the exterior of your property and apply a series of fire ant treatments. Regular fire ant control will eliminate these bugs so that you can enjoy your lawn without worrying about the painful stings and bites of insects.
Give us a call today so that we can work together to control fire ants in and around your property!
Tick Control in Frisco, TX
One of the most frightening pests that can plague our yards is the tick and thus pest and tick control is an important step towards keeping your family safe.
Here in northern Texas, species of ticks include:
- Lone Star Tick: The adult female is easily distinguishable by the white dot found in the center of her reddish-brown back. The male is slightly smaller and uniformly brown in color. Both genders have brown legs.
- American Dog Tick: The adult female has a reddish-brown back with a yellowish-white scutum under her head. The male is slightly smaller without any white. Both genders have brown legs.
- Brown Dog Tick: The adult female is reddish-brown and the male is slightly smaller. Both genders have entirely brown legs.
- Black Legged Tick: Adult females have a rust orange body surrounding the black scutum. Males are entirely black. This species of tick has black legs.
There are a variety of different species that carry dangerous viruses such as Lyme Disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever which negatively affect the immune and nervous systems of those they bite. Different species of ticks carry different diseases. If you are bitten by a tick, consider saving it so that it can be tested.
All of these ticks live in tall grassy areas and attach themselves to humans, rodents, or pets that carry them into your home and often leave them behind in your bed or on your furniture.
All of our Home Pest Solution Plans will help with tick control by eradicating unwanted pests and thus prevent them from entering your home. Coupled with our pest control plans, be sure to check yourself, your pets, and your family members regularly for tick bites.
Contact us today so that you can talk with an exterminator about the options for tick control!
Cockroach Control in Frisco, TX
Cockroaches mostly live in dark dirty areas and can travel through your home or business spreading disease.
Here in Frisco, there are three common species of cockroach:
- American Cockroaches: This is the largest of the cockroach measuring up to three inches in length. They are reddish-brown with a yellow figure eight behind their head. Both males and females are capable of flying.
- German Cockroaches: These cockroaches are most commonly found around humans. They are brown to dark brown in color with two parallel black lines down their backs. An adult is fairly small compared to other species, reaching about ⅝ inch in length.
- Oriental Cockroaches: These cockroaches are shiny, black and smooth. Adults reach 1 inch in length. They have wings but are not capable of flying.
A cockroach infestation is often wrongly associated with lack of cleanliness. Although they tend to live in unclean, damp areas like sewage pipes, drains, or basements, these cockroaches can hitchhike or fly inside if attracted to light. Cockroaches themselves spread disease that they pick up on their travels.
If you see a cockroach, it is likely indicative of a much larger problem, as these pests mostly stay out of sight.
To begin, attempt to limit access to food and water in your home. If you eliminate places where they thrive, the species will likely dwindle. Do your best to seal spaces where they are likely to hide.
Though you can do your best to curb a cockroach infestation by sealing areas where they live, the best solution to a cockroach problem is to contact an exterminator. Our experts at Adams Exterminating Company will inspect your property for cockroaches, identify the species, and develop a treatment strategy.
Tips to Control Frisco, TX Pests
Regardless of your pest control problem, there are some precautionary methods to avoid pests from getting into your Frisco, TX home. If you notice you’re experiencing a problem with a pest, reach out to Adams Exterminating Company today. Our licenced technicians will be more than happy to develop solutions to your pest control problems. Our professionals will discuss possible causes, solutions, and treatment options so that you can make your pest problem a thing of the past. Whether you’re facing rodents, termites, mosquitoes, fire ants, ticks, cockroaches, or other pests, we can provide you with some tips and tricks to keep these pests out of your home or business.
Tips to Keep Rodents Out Of Your Home:
Like many species, rodents are always in search of food and shelter. To keep them out of your home, consider taking the following precautions:
- Seal up entry points. Mice can squeeze through spaces that are the size of a dime, so look for cracks or gaps around pipes, vents, doors, and windows.
- Limit the availability of food and water by storing pantry items in sealed tupperware rather than their paper packaging, cleaning up pet food, and keeping countertops and floors free of crumbs.
- Reduce clutter in and around your home. Mice like to collect nesting materials from old papers, clothes, or boxes.
- Store your firewood and trash away from the exterior of your home.
- Limit their potential water source by repairing leaking pipes and faucets.
If you’re noticing rodent feces in your home or are concerned about a rodent infestation, our licenced technicians can inspect your property and discuss specific strategies to keep your home free of pests.
Tips to Avoid A Termite Infestation:
An established termite problem is a nightmare. If you detect a termite infestation, contact a professional immediately. There are some known provisions you can take to keep termites from invading your Frisco, TX home. First and foremost, termites eat wood and are particularly attracted to moist, wet wood. To keep moisture from accumulating in and around your home, do the following:
- Eliminate wood that is touching the ground around the exterior of your structure.
- Divert water away from the foundation of your home or business using gutters or downspouts.
- Ensure that you have proper drainage and irrigation to avoid puddling around the foundation of your structure.
- Be sure the interior of your home is properly vented to reduce moisture and humidity in your crawl spaces and attics. Contact a professional to inspect your vents and suggest necessary modifications.
- Store firewood away from the exterior of your home or building.
- If you landscape with mulch, keep it away from the exterior of your structure.
If you detect a possible termite infestation or are looking for specific solutions to keep termites out of your home, one of our licenced technicians can inspect your property and propose possible solutions to your termite problem.
Tips to Keep Mosquitoes out of your Frisco, TX Yard:
Techniques like mosquito repellent, long sleeves, and citronella candles can help to keep you comfortable when mosquitoes are biting, however, it would be nice if you didn’t have to worry about these buzzing insects in the first place. The most effective way to reduce your mosquito professional is to contact a professional. However, there are some tips and tricks that you can implement to avoid turning your yard into a mosquito paradise:
- Keep your grass cut short and remove lawn clippings- mosquitoes live and breed in shaded, moist areas.
- Eliminate stagnant water when possible. You may not be able to eliminate puddles or ponds, however, you can make sure that you dump baby pools, tire swings, and bird baths so that mosquitoes don’t breed in these areas.
- Make sure that your exterior water sources don’t leak thus eliminating puddles as a harborage for mosquitoes.
- Welcome natural predators that feed off of a thriving mosquito population such as birds and bats by creating homes for them around your property.
- Grow mosquito repelling plants in your garden such as lemon balm, catnip, lavender, and marigolds.
In spite of your best efforts, mosquitoes still have the potential to ruin an afternoon outdoors. Our professionals at Adams Exterminating Company are here to help - contact us today to discuss your mosquito control options.
Tips to Keep Fire Ants Off Of Your Frisco, Texas Property:
These little ants pack a big punch, and if you find them in your yard, getting rid of them can be quite the challenge. If you choose to tackle this problem without the help of a professional, you will begin by identifying fire ant nests and treating them individually. Be mindful, however, that when their nests are disturbed, these ants will likely make their home in another part of your yard and will potentially become an ongoing problem. If you’re looking to eliminate these pests completely, you will need to contact a professional. Here are some tips and tricks to get rid of fire ant nests:
- Pour boiling water over the mound. If you’re lucky, you will kill the queen. This, however, is highly unlikely.
- Use dish soap and water to reduce the population.
- Limit water availability by ensuring all water drains properly and outdoor faucets don’t leak.
- Use an over-the counter fire ant bait such as Ortho, Amdro, or Terro to poison the nest.
If you discover a fire ant problem, a professional from Adams Exterminating Company can work with you to develop a solution that keeps your yard free of these persnickety pests.
Tips To Avoid A Tick Bite:
Ticks are a common threat to all people who enjoy frequenting the outdoors. More than ever, we’re concerned about diseases such as Lyme or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever that can permanently impact our mental and physical health and well-being. To keep ticks from biting, here are some simple tricks:
- Be sure to keep your ankles and wrists covered when going outdoors, especially if you’re moving through tall grasses or wooded areas.
- Tuck your pants into your socks.
- Spray your clothing with an insect repellent.
- Treat your pets for ticks with a collar, tablet, or topical treatment. Ask your veterinarian for recommendations.
- Avoid letting your pet sit on your furniture or sleep in your bed. Often ticks will hitchhike inside on your pets, fall off of them, then look for another host.
- Check yourself and others regularly for ticks.
If you find an embedded tick or a bullseye rash caused by a tick bite, contact a medical professional immediately. If possible, save your tick and send it to a facility where they test for illnesses.
How To Prevent A Cockroach Infestation:
Cockroaches can find their way into your home or business in spite of your best efforts. However, there are some measures you can take to keep them away:
- Keep household surfaces clean - vacuum and wipe down countertops regularly.
- Seal up cracks and holes in and around your home to prevent cockroaches from getting inside. Particularly, look for gaps around doors and windows, baseboards, and inside pantries or cupboards.
- Repair leaks in pipes and avoid over-watering household plants as cockroaches are attracted to moisture.
- Keep your home or business as cool and dry as possible. Cockroaches are cold-blooded and their activity level increases with warmer temperatures.
If you see cockroaches inside of your home or business, its best to consult a professional, as there are likely more. Like other pests, cockroaches are unsanitary and should be eliminated as soon as possible.
Request Your Free Estimate
Schedule Your No Obligation Estimate Today