The Ins And Outs Of Termite Inspections In Lewisville
August 1, 2022
There's no doubt about it; termite damage can be devastating to your Lewisville home. The little critters chew on wood and weaken it.
They can wreck your space and make it look unsightly if not exterminated on time. That's why it's so important to call a Lewisville pest control company as soon as you suspect there may be an issue.
How Often Should You Have A Termite Inspection Performed?
A termite inspection frequency will depend on a few factors, including:
The age of your home
The type of wood it's made out of
You should have your Lewisville home inspected for termites once a year as a general rule of thumb. This will assist in ensuring that you catch any adult termites on your property early before they cause too much damage.
Why Annual Termite Inspections Are Worth It
Annual termite inspections may seem like a hassle, but they're essential for several reasons:
1. They can help you save money in the long run.
2. Annual termite inspections can give you peace of mind. Knowing that your home is free of these pests can help you relax and enjoy your time there.
3. Most homeowner's insurance policies require annual termite inspections. If you don't have your home inspected regularly, you could risk losing your coverage.
What Happens During A Termite Inspection?
A typical inspection will take one to two hours. The pest control company will send a trained technician to your home to look for signs of termites and go through the following process:
1. They check the outside of your home for any visible indicators. This includes looking for holes in the foundation, cracks in the walls, fences, the slab edges or brick veneers, and anything else that touches the ground.
2. They'll move to the outside of the walls or property to check for all possible entry points of the termites in your home. They might find a mud tunnel or trail, the path the termites might have used to get into your space.
3. They'll then move to the inside of your home and seek any moisture incidences. Professional pest control companies will use special tools to scan for proof of moisture in the walls of your home to avoid false readings. They’ll also use a unique tool to check for termites in hard-to-reach places.
4. The technician will give you a report of their findings once the inspection is complete. They'll let you know if there are any signs of termites in the home, what kind of damage has been done, and what treatment they recommend.
Professional Termite Inspections For Families In Lewisville
Granted, not every termite control company will give your Lewisville property solid protection. Choose a termite specialist near you like Adams Exterminating Company. We're a pest control organization in Lewisville, TX with over twenty years of experience exterminating pesky home invaders like termites.
We serve Lewisville residents and those in North Texas, Frisco, and Denton. We use a three-step plan to eliminate the pests for good:
Inspection- we inspect the areas in your property where termites are likely to appear, like plumbing leaks, wood, and the roof.
Installation- we create a customized service plan for your situation. We'll position the Sentricon System with Always Active- a quality termite product that exterminates termites effectively- in place.
Protection- the active termites will feed on the product's bait and fail to reproduce. The bait will also kill the existing termites, so your property receives maximum shielding from the annoying critters. Call us today and start your trip to a termite-free home.