The Best Way To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Lewisville Home
June 20, 2022
Are you starting to see more spiders around your Lewisville home? These creepy arachnids can find their way into every crevice and corner of your beautiful house, leading you to search for pest control in Lewisville to get rid of them. You don’t want these pests crawling around your home or biting you at night.
There are some steps you can take around the house to prevent spiders from invading, but the only way to guarantee a spider-free home is by calling the professionals at Adams Exterminating Company to get the job done right. We know what it takes to get spiders out of your house and keep them out.
Not All Spiders Are Dangerous
It’s okay to have a healthy fear of spiders, but rest assured that not all spiders are dangerous. Most common house spiders aren’t venomous, and you have nothing to worry about when you see them. Among the only poisonous spiders you have to look out for are the black widow and brown recluse. Bites from both of these spiders can cause muscle pain, nausea, or even death.
Some of the not-dangerous spiders you may encounter in your home include:
- American house spider. This spider is small, grey, and tinier than a nickel. They're shy, so look for them in tight, dark corners, inside closets, and cabinets. You can find their messy webs scattered about your home, but they won't hurt you.
- Wolf spider. There are more than 200 different types of wolf spiders in the world, and even though they are larger spiders and look pretty terrifying, they won't hurt you.
- Daddy longlegs. The daddy longlegs has eight long, skinny legs that extend off its tiny, round body. These spiders like to stay outside, but sometimes they find their way inside and make themselves at home in your garage. You can also find them in tall corners and other dark areas. Even though they look creepy, they're harmless.
Five Simple And Effective Spider Prevention Tips
There are a few steps you can take to prevent spiders from accessing your home. Try these tips to make your home inhospitable to these pests:
- Use silicone-based caulk to seal up gaps, cracks, and crevices that spiders may use to enter your home.
- Clear clutter, particularly in closets, attics, and basements, to reduce the number of out-of-sight places spiders can spin their webs.
- Make sure there are no areas of excess moisture, such as leaky faucets, showerheads, or pipes.
- Remove webs as you see them to discourage spiders from settling in.
- Eliminate secondary pest infestations, as spiders often enter your home in search of food in the form of insects and other pests.
Prevention may help you keep spiders out of your home, but once you notice an infestation, the best step to take is to enlist professional assistance.
Pro Pest Control Is A Great Spider Control Solution
Nothing gets rid of spiders more efficiently than calling the professionals at Adams Exterminating Company. We know what it takes to locate your spider problem and quickly rid your home of these pests. We have the experience and know-how to get the job done right so you can get back to everyday life in your Lewisville home.